Key Responsibilities :
- The role involves creating and managing the CI / CD pipelines at Nearbuy for all applications.
- The role involves doing and managing the cloud deployments of Nearbuy application on cloud and container.
- The role involves work on the alerting and notification platform of Nearbuy applications.
- Working with the developers understanding their needs and suggesting and implementing better devops processes to and with them
- Keeping up with industry best practices and trends to suggest and implement new devops processes.
- 4+ Years of experience in Software DevOps domain
- Linux - Must at the intermediate level at least. Added knowledge of kernel params, libraries, cgroups, would be preferred
- AWS - VPCs, ECS, ElastiCache, Security Groups and IAMs et al.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of programming languages either of Python, Groovy, Ruby.
- Intermediate to advanced Working knowledge of nginx, added preference would be given to person knowing lua scripting
- Nagios for application monitoring. Or else alternative chef / puppet
- Knowledge of other monitoring tool like new relic, data dog, sys dig
- Knowledge of CD / CI tools - Bamboo, Jenkins, OpenCircle CI
Good to Have :
- PGDM in marketing
- Direct publisher relations
- Experience in using project management tools like Basecamp will be an added advantage
Individual applying to the role should ideally have the following attributes :
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-changing environment
- Should be results oriented, proactive and showing overall leadership quality
- Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal and informal)
- Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem
- Ability to prioritize when under pressure