- Build artifact for trading applications by following build & setup engineering guidelines, understanding build framework, following best practices for Build and configuring entities & applications as required.
- Manage & maintain source code repository in SVN/GIT, write hooks for branch locks, improve practices of branching, code merge & tagging policies, establish process control points and configure SVN/GIT to the custom needs of development team.
- Create & maintain a single click end-to-end automated deployment tool that will be used in setting up dev boxes, environments and sandboxes.
- Improve build process by automating the build related tasks leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products
2: Manage and Maintain
- Manage & maintain workflow management process in JIRA
- Manage & maintain test repository in Polarion or similar tool
- Manage & maintain continuous integration system in Team City/Jenkins
- Manage & maintain team collaboration process in Confluence
- Manage & maintain build tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle
- Manage & maintain various deployment scripts written in Perl, Shell, Groovy etc-
- Manage & support developer and QA environments
- Manage & support user on-boarding process
- Setup & maintain the archive of software releases for major/minor/patch releases
- Setup & maintain static & dynamic code analysis tools
- 4 year college degree
- BE/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as a Build/Release engineer in a large server farm/environment
- Strong programming/scripting background with extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Languages experience: Java and/or C++, Objective-C, Python, Perl, Groovy
- Experience of working with code repositories like SVN, GIT & automation of configuration management tasks, along with other tools/applications like JIRA, Confluence, Team City/Jenkins, Fish Eye, etc.
- Experience with software build tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle, continuous integration build systems like Team City, Jenkins, Hudson, and experience working with cloud platforms and deployment tools like Chef/Puppet
- Experience of using tools to integrate best practices like static code analysis, automated unit tests & regression tests, code coverage analyzers, creation of sandbox environments etc.
- Experience of Building & Packaging Mobile applications would be an added advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment & independently while tackling complex problems
- Experience with network, system, firewall administration