Skills and Competencies Required
- Proven expertise in operational service delivery management for mission critical production environment, preferably in an international/outsourced environment
- Awareness of IT and experience of working in an IT oriented operations
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a strong desire to own issues through to resolution
- Proven team player, strong team leadership skills. Self-motivator who can work with minimum supervision.
- A believer in continuous improvement of services, processes and operational efficiency
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Ability to multi-task and work with multiple counterparties across the globe under tight delivery timelines.
- Proactive Approach & Principled Behavior: - Never drops a ball-, responsive and quick. Actively identifies, raises and mitigates potential compliance, control or operational issues
- Partnership & People Leadership: Has long term perspective on clients needs. Collaborates closely with clients and stakeholders to develop solutions. Thinks ahead, acts with oversight, co-ordinates efforts to support strategy
- Professional Skills: Can handle complex problems regularly and come up with creative and effective approaches for resolution and willing to learn and work and on any new technology
- Should have knowledge on Unix, Linux, Database technologies (Informix /Oracle) etc.
- Good knowledge of writing / reviewing SQL queries. DBA knowledge will be an added advantage
- Worked in a computing environment which is critical to business and data size in few terabytes
- Understanding infrastructure changes and deployment architecture
- Awareness about information and data security
- Ability to understand business metrics
- Good know how about infrastructure (hardware / network / storage / log analysis)