1. Supervise the finance team on a day to day basis ensuring that work is prioritised to meet deadlines. Coordinate
workload for the team, ensure viable staff cover of the department and provide support and
training as appropriate.
2. Produce monthly management accounts for all departments in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Produce weekly sales statistics for circulation to management relating to the Guild’s main commercial
activities and other areas that require regular monitoring.
4. Ensure the efficient and effective processing of all transactions associated with the Sales Ledger function.
5. Carry out bank reconciliations for all of the Guild’s bank accounts, investigating any unusual items and
preparing them for review by the Finance Manager.
6. Take responsibility for and carry out procedures in relation to SHAC (Lettings Agency) rents including
reconciling the rents spreadsheet to bank, rents posting and reconciliation of landlord account payments.
7. Take responsibility for the development of the Guild’s Access Dimensions accounting package, including
improving processing efficiency via integration with other Guild systems; rolling out the package to budget
holders & student groups and implementing staged improvements as identified.
8. To ensure the timely and accurate preparation of payroll processing data for authorization by the Finance
9. Maintain the VAT ledger ensuring accuracy of transactions and compliance with legislation.