Critical Job Duties &Technical Competences:
- Hands on experience dealing with various PowerPC/PowerQUIC/ARM/X86 processors and packet processing processors like Cavium OCTEON, Broadcom XLR/XLP, EZChip, and associated UBoot/Boot loader/Firmware, Linux BSP and SDK.
- Working knowledge on EZ chip Network processor [NP4, NP5 NPS etc.,] is required.
- Working experience on L2, L3 protocols on datapath [especially data forwarding]including concepts like NAT, SFC, VLAN, Ethernet, VPN, RSTP, MSTP, IGMP, IPv4/v6, ICMP, OSPF, MPLS etc.,
- Knowledge of OVS, OpenFlow and SDN concepts is an advantage.
- Knowledge of ACL, Load balancing is an advantage.
- Experience in dealing with Broadcom Ethernet switches and associated management software (e.g. Level 7 FASTPATH software) is an advantage
- Excellent programming skills using C and assembly languages, modeling and higher level design tools desirable
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Exposure to TEM Tier 1 customer support: participation to customer meeting and on-site and/or remote debugging on the live networks
- Exposure to mentoring, and overlooking software development from the third party outsourcing teams
- Working experience with distributed and international development team: US, China, India, Asia, is a definitely plus
- BEor MTechin Computer Science/Electronics/Telecom
- 5 to 10 years- experience in software development in the technical areas stated above
Excellent programming and code reviewing/testing and debugging skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communications especially in design specifications and product requirements
- Ability and skill to effectively and productively engage with customers and technology partners
- Ability and skill to effectively technically lead/mentor less experienced software engineers
- Excellent interpersonal interactions skills in a team work environment