Join us and be a part of this exciting chase.
Role : Data Science Specialist
Experience : 8-12 yrs
Why should you join us?
- Work in an exciting start-up that builds first-of-its-kind product and services
- Access to a unique dataset covering > 85% of SMEs with unmatched diversity and complexity
- Opportunity to build truly state-of-the-art algorithms and insight engines that consume and digest complex - Big- data and extract value out of them
- Learning and exposure to multiple engineering areas (including Big Data technologies, DevOps) surrounded by a top-quality team
- Accelerate your career in a fast-paced, open, non-hierarchical working environment
The Data Science team at Clustr builds algorithms and Machine Learning models that sit at the core of the company's value proposition. This is a team of intellectuals with high aptitude, hacker attitude, strong curiosity about data, great comfort with Math, good coding discipline and excellent communication skills.
What will you be doing?
- Data Science Specialist will be involved in all stages of the DS-based solution development cycle, working with various stakeholders in framing, designing and executing DS solutions considering both functional and non-functional aspects
- Data Science Specialist would be in-charge of: translating a business problem to a DS problem, scope definition, data cleaning, explorations, feature engineering, feature selection, modeling, building prototype, documentation of an algorithm and insights. You would be involved in building scalable Machine Learning models for various problems in the areas of information extraction, entity resolution and linking knowledge base curation, machine translation, information retrieval and others
- Involvement in all stages of the development cycle - building scalable machine learning models for various problems in the areas of information extraction, entity resolution and linking, knowledge base curation, machine translation, information retrieval and others
Required Candidate profile
Who are we looking for?
- Ph.D. or MS/M. Tech with 4+ years of experience or BE/B. Tech with 8+ years of experience in Data Science, Machine Learning, or NLP
- Experience of working on production-grade Machine Learning-based solutions would be a plus
- Prior publication record at AI/ML conferences would be a plus
- Ability to formulate a business problem as a DS/ML problem, hypothesize, design, iterate and productionize solutions
- Ability to scale and deploy DS-based solutions in production
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with stakeholders across the business, PM, and Engineering
- Excitement & curiosity around data in general - Hacker- attitude with - go-getter- mindset - High level of comfort with Math and ability to quickly master deep Mathematical concepts
- In-depth understanding of Machine Learning techniques
- Experience with Text Mining including hands-on knowledge of at least a few of the following areas: Information extraction, Natural Language processing, Knowledge graphs, Semantic Search, Information Retrieval, Probabilistic graphical models, Deep learning and Bayesian Learning techniques
- Very good coding skills in any of these languages: R, Python, Matlab, Java, C and Machine Learning libraries like scipy, numpy, pyspark, tensorflow etc
- Basic knowledge of Big Data stack: Spark, Cassandra, Map-Reduce, S3
- Train/Mentor other team members
- Keep abreast of the current state-of-the-art in Machine Learning and NLP areas
- Prior experience with start-up environment preferred.