DGM/GM/Head - Research & Development - Mosquito Repellent/Fabric care/Home Care/Personal Care/Dish-Wash (15-25 yrs)
Head R&D (DGM / GM) -Mosquito Repellent
Purpose of the Role :
- Lead entire R&D.
- The role holder needs to functionally operate various stages of New Product Development (NPD) process to create innovative, differentiated products/solutions with clear differentiable consumer benefit surpassing current market benchmarks/consumer expectations.
- Create new business opportunities for products/solutions based on the consumer unmet/under-met needs in Fabric care/home care/Personal care/Dishwash categories and convert the opportunities into product mixes, supported with relevant science base.
Key Deliverables :
1. Identification of business trends in context of (Fabric care/home care/Personal care/Dishwash)
2. Create new product ideas/opportunity which will be unique, differentiated and proprietary.
3. Generate project/product briefs based on consumer in-sighting in conjunction with marketing.
4. Manage the NPD process for development of new products based on technical brief with unique efficacy, sensorial acceptability with end-to-end view.
5. The products/solutions aspired to create perceivable differentiation in the market in a given consumer segment on a sustained basis.
6. Interface with marketing, manufacturing, commercial and legal teams for efficient and effective progression and implementation of projects
7. Create agenda for, and act as a facilitative bridge for implementation of Advanced Technology ideas
8. To provide techno-commercial aspect in Business Development.
9. Build & lead a fungible team of resources to have seamless integration with adjacent functions.
10. Also responsible for the analytical and microbiological labs for developed products
Required Skills and Competencies :
1. Co-creation ability to work with cross-functional teams to convert consumer insights into business opportunities
2. Must exhibit technology led entrepreneurship ability to create unique (first to market) product ideas that differentiate from existing competition.
3. Application of domain knowledge (formulation/technology transfer) to convert ideas into final product as per the intended design.
4. Should have relevant experience to work with quality, regulatory in executing the ideas
5. Operational capability in Techno-Commercial, legal, regulatory for effective and smooth implementation.
6. Ability to select and develop the talent for the category, etc.
7. Develops and implements research and development procedures and techniques. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.