Creating New Databases and related objects such as Tablespaces, Tables, Indices, Aliases, Stored procedures, etc.
- Managing accesses through Grants and Revokes.
- Taking regular backups by scheduling Imagecopy jobs.
- Planning and Participating in Disaster Recovery Tests.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting Production DB2 Issues.
- Database design and object creation such as table, tablespaces, view, synonym, index, stored procedure, alias etc.
- Alteration of table schema like adding/ deleting columns
- Resolve DB2 database performance tuning issues, support database security issues such as grants and revokes
- Performed data maintenance using LOAD, UNLOAD, REORG, RUNSTATS
- Efficiently carried out DBA responsibilities in planning DB2 version migration
- Monitored and managed DB2 thread and locking issues
- Involved in granting various authorizations and privileges to different users
- Proactively monitored and performed daily maintenance activities
-Language: JCL, CORTEX
Database: DB2, DL1
Scheduler: TWS, OPC and of course basic in JES2 system (screen ISPF