Lead and provide an oversight into the entire breadth of commercial operations related to the branded generics business including Sales & Marketing, Operations and Quality & Supply Chain in a specific country. The key requirement of the role is to drive growth of the operating business year on year both organically and through in-licensing in that country.
1. Financials Drive profitable growth year on year by significantly outperforming in the country of operation; achieve or exceed the companys financial plans; maximize the value of the company by optimizing revenues and operating margins
2. Marketing Strategy & Business Development: Establish and build Companys branded pharmaceutical interests in the Country through organic means; Conceptualization and execution of corporate strategy for consolidation, new territorial entry and new product introduction. Identify potential business development partners based on market understanding; Lead the final discussions for contracting and negotiations.
3. Distribution and Channel Management: Ensure smooth demand planning, forecasting and inventory management in order to avoid gaps between supply and demand. Ensure timely stocks to retailer, pharmacist and hospitals. Ensure collection happens within the stipulated time frame.
4. Sales Strategy: Provide guidance to team for sales planning based on market conditions. Design and implement Sales Force effectiveness strategies to increase productivity.
5. People Management & Development: Attract and retain talent. Driving development, coaching and mentoring of team to meet business objectives.
Customer Relationship Management / Key Account Management: Identify key customers and connect with the team to stay abreast of market realities.
Education:- Bachelors in Science / Pharmacy and Masters Degree in Marketing / International Business Experience At least 12-15 years of experience in Sales & Marketing. At least 3 years with full P&L responsibility either at a Country Manager level or 1 level below.
Knowledge & Skills (Functional/Technical):- Strong business acumen and conceptual thinking abilities High results orientation with attention to detail Clear and transparent communication style Quick learner with strong analytical skills Collaborative mindset given the matrix organization structure Can build for the long term while balancing the short term results