A thorough review of the Job file is to take place before the H/O meeting. Ensure that all information has been included in each section of the job file. Before accepting the ‘BABY’ ensures the scope of works is clearly defined and achievable.
PM / CM to be present at all H/O meetings. For International H/O meetings, Concrete Technical Manager and Logistics Manager also to be present. Meeting Minutes to be distributed to all, following completion by BDM, to confirm any outstanding action points.
After successful handover of Project, the OM is to arrange a pre-start meeting on site. During this meeting all Production aspects of the job to be discussed, reviewed and agreed. Any detected contract variations to be reported to PM / CM.
Pre-start preparation requirements will depend on job location (UK/Overseas).
Following the pre-start meeting a Pre-Start Pack to be submitted internally, minimum 2 wks for UK projects / 6 wks International projects (including for Sister Companies), prior to construction, including:
1. Revised Materials and Production Sheet
2. Miscellaneous Sheet
3. Site Layout and notes sheet
4. Datum Sheet
International Projects - additional information required:
• Information on local hotels, sub-contracts, materials, plant hire, etc.
• Entry visas / Work permits / etc.
• Specific Country ‘Awareness’ report (in conjunction with H&S Advisor)
In general, a close collaboration with Production Administration and the Transport department is crucial to ensure all items on the Production Administration Check Sheet are completed on time.
CONSTRUCTION PHASE (Site Supervisors assist)
• Carry out the monthly Health & Safety Pack, including: Site Inspection, Tool Box Talks, etc.
• Ensure all employees are aware of the Method Statement (Appendix D to be signed).
• Report any Near Misses / Accidents and deal with them swiftly and efficiently.
• Ensure Quality is high and as expected. If not, take immediate action to remedy.
• Effective management of Site Personnel as well as Sub-Contractors/Suppliers.
• Concrete supply rate, consistency and quality to be closely monitored and managed.
• Good communication with MC / Suppliers (verbally and in writing).
• Ensure that all works are being carried out to Specification.
• If works go outside our Scope, ensure that any potential contract variations are being correctly recorded and communicated with the QS / CM and that a written agreement is in place before proceeding further.
• Ensure all DAILY Quality Control Reports are being completed, as per Procedures.
o Concrete QC Sheet
o Sub-base Check Sheet
o Site Measure Sheet
o Floor slab Checklist and Inspection sheet (Pre–During–Post Pour)
o Concrete Delivery & Fibre Integration record sheet
o Any others that may be required that are job specific
• Ensure that all materials are being used in a cost effective manner and all materials can be re-used or recycled when possible.
• All deliveries of materials to be checked in relation to Materials Sheet. Quantity and quality of supply to be approved. Keep all delivery tickets in Purple Folder.
• Ensure all equipment is in a good and safe working condition and that Weekly Check Sheets are being completed and returned.
• Ensure that we are adhering to the Programme of Works.
• Ensure correct and latest revisions of Construction Drawings are being used.
• Copy all written correspondence to ‘Production Filing’ and CM / PD.
• Handover to client.
• Close out Meeting with CM / PM.
• List of stock left over on site to be communicated via the Materials Sheet.
• All documents (including delivery tickets) to be submitted to Rugby Office in Purple Folder.
• Ensure all other items on the Production Administration Check Sheet are completed.