Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs. May require a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 6+ years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
Skill set required:
- Must have 10-15 years development experience with service-orientated applications in mind.
- Must have experience with OLTP (Pathway and MQ Series)/
- Experience using enscribe files and using db Access to database.
- Programming in TAL, PTAL, C, COBOL, and SCOBOL.
- Must have experience with Guardian system calls and the OSS environment.
- Ability to manage multiple task at one time and not be sequential.
- Must work in a team environment.
- Expert knowledge for waterfall and agile development mythologies.
- Must understand TCP/IP to serial conversion using term server.