Mandatory Technical / Functional Skills :
- Lead and drive the necessary QA efforts to validate a large scale IoT solution.
- Develop and execute tests based on the requirements for the given IoT cloud solution. Coverage of negative, HA, performance and scale aspects of the components under test will be required.
- Automate key test cases for use by other teams in on-going regression / verification of cloud environments.
- Document test results as part of larger validation guide.
- Log and track issues (Rally, Jira or SNOW) and drive them to resolution with verification of bug fixes, document test results and research findings.
- Play an active role in the design, development, and testing of application workflows in a cloud environment
- Collaborate with co-located and remote colleagues to solve technical issues.
- Work with Cloud Ops team to tag and assess manual test cases so they can be automated
- Weekly defect and test case tasks must be kept up to date in Agile tool (Rally/Jira)
- Participate and lead technical aspects as needed during daily scrums.
Skills and experience to include most of the following :
- Must have in depth experience in working with cloud compute, specifically AWS, Azure, Openstack, etc.
- Hands on automation skillset using one or more of the following: Python, BASH, Selenium, TCL, etc..
- Experience documenting testing results
- Hands on experience in provisioning instances, storage, networking and security in cloud environments
- Hands on experience with Openstack is highly desirable.
- Hands on with Orchestration (NSO, Tail-f, ESC) desirable
- Hands on with Hadoop, MemSQL required.
- Hands on with monitoring / service assurance required
- Hands on with one or more messaging protocols (RabbitMQ, Kafka, AMQP, MQTT, DGLogik, etc) required.