As the head of technology/ engineering for the ecommerce venture of the conglomerate; you will be responsible for defining and executing on the technology vision. You will be responsible for building a strong technology team that is super committed and works inline with the existing group business objectives and business stragety. You will be part of the company's ecommerce core leadership team and perform a very important role in the success of the company.
As the Chief Architect, you are responsible for:
Technology Operations -
- Create a highly optimized, performance driven and sustaining Open Source/ LAMP platform to offer more features and scalability.
- Managing mobile app development and a responsive design compliant version of the site
- Driving definition and frequent delivery for various platform releases by working closely with the engineering and cross-functional teams such as business and marketing teams;
- 3rd party outsourcing decisions- when, what and who to outsource and what to do internally
- Scaling the existing platform to support millions of user traffic and thousands of transactions per day whilst delivering a sub-second response time
- Integration and maintenance of various 3rd party systems like payment gateways, virtual makeover, ERP/WMS, supplier systems integration (when required) etc.
- Adept in quality sourcing, hiring and managing a world-class software development team; building and leading the engineering teams throughout the development life cycle and be responsible for feature delivery on-time and within budget
- Building a culture of strong commitment, innovation within the technology team
- Providing a better user experience. Drive and have a passion for user engagement, conduct research required for new products and ongoing engineering improvements, define customer delighting factors that will make the platform or features a unique, indispensable solution for our customers
- Defining the requirements on both Internet and Mobile platforms- hands-on
- Last but not the least- Responsible for STRICT change/version management and project management
Strategy and Planning -
- Planning for growth risks - define a long-term road map to transition technology from Open Source platform to an alternative platform (build vs. buy) to meet the scalability and availability requirements
- Constantly investigate emerging technologies & techniques, research ongoing industry trends, make appropriate recommendations to the management for enhancements
- Work closely with Business Leads, promoter and marketing team teams to ensure business and customer satisfaction goals are met.