• The Chief People Officer is responsible for determining and providing leadership in developing and executing human resources strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation.
• The Chief People Officer provides strategic leadership by articulating Human Resource needs and plans to the executive management team, shareholders and to the board of directors.
• The Chief People Officer will lead and managing employee communications, employee relations, policy development, legal compliance, compensation and benefits. The position is also responsible for Risk Management providing leadership and direction of Corporate Property & Casualty and other related Insurance programs.
• The Chief People Officer is responsible for nurturing, shaping and sustaining the overall cultural strategy for the company.
• The Chief People Officer will work closely with executive leadership to make culture a strong component of the company’s overall business strategy.
• Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall firm business objectives.
• Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the firm’s vision and strategic vision.
• Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or specialty group regarding key organizational and management issues.
• Working with the firm’s executive management, establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the firm.
• Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
• Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefit plans that are competitive and cost effective for the firm. Develop and deliver/rollout corporate messaging through various communication vehicles/tools that effectively articulate company strategy encouraging employee engagement and driving desired performance.
• Provide overall leadership and guidance to HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training and leadership development, compensation and benefits.
• Provides direction for ensuring Property & Casualty and other related Insurance programs meet company needs, comply with legal requirements, and are cost effective.
• Develop and maintain HR budgets. The ability to communicate and collaborate patiently but effectively; to move an agenda along while maintaining the role of trusted advisor; to be an insightful and thought leader.
• Provide practical formal/informal executive coaching and development in all areas of leadership, particularly in cultural creation, alignment and change management at the individual, team, and organizational level, including the development and management of formalized performance management and feedback processes/system. Will perform strategic planning and project implementation along with project management.
o Act as an employee champion and change agent by anticipating HR-related needs and delivering value added services for the benefit of employees.
• Supervises the HR team in creating an inviting and cohesive employee experience.
• Provide objective and strategic input and guidance to employees at all levels of the organization including career development, and general management / employee relationship issues.
• Guide managers and associates in resolving employee relations issues by providing effective conflict resolution and coaching. Identify and guide implementation of training programs.
• Drives the effective implementation of the overall strategy for talent management processes of learning and development.
• Translates the strategic plan into actionable and timely training and organizational development programs that will support the attainment of strategic business goals and operational objectives.
• Directs the design and delivery of both in-house and third parties learning such as coaching, classroom training, and online learning.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive safety program to drive safety and risk management strategies.
• Overseas the planning organizing and development of corporate insurance, safety and loss prevention programs, policies, and procedures.
• Provides management support in the identification of potential risk throughout the organization. Leads the review of Property & Casualty programs, suggesting modifications, and ensuring achievement of competitive market position and other goals identified by the organization
HR Business Objectives:
o Develop, execute and monitor progress of business objectives. Provide leadership towards the achievement of maximizing and balancing profitability/cost mitigation and mission impact in organizational lines of business.
• Establish and execute plans and strategies to expand the organizations visibility and reputation as a workforce development organization and preferred business partner.
Education/ Work Experience:
• Requires a human resources executive with a minimum of 15 years of experience, with at least 10 years in international, national or - publicly held organization, who will be able to strategically and tactically evaluate and implement sophisticated HR related programs and initiatives; be able to work with a variety of organizational leadership to build consensus around HR strategy and tactics; have a demonstrated background in talent management and leadership management; as well as have a proven ability to attract and retain outstanding talent and assemble and motivate high performance teams.
• The selected executive must have the ability to bring immediate credibility to the human resources function through his/her professional qualifications and leadership skills as well as project the highest levels of integrity.
• Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills as well as proven organizational skills are required.
• Proven record to lead and manage people and situations effectively and consistent with the Company’s core values and a servant leadership mindset.
• Strong communication skills including but not limited to negotiation, influence and consensus building in order to interface with employees/customers at all levels within the organization as well as external customers, vendors and agencies.
• Knowledge of human resource management and talent development with an ability to provide a high level of customer service utilizing a very productive labor model. Must be able to exercise independent judgment and decision-making skills and inspire decision-making by others.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Strong conceptual thinker with pragmatic approach to driving day-to-day operations.
• Collaborative style and approach. Strong leader with the ability to assess, attract and develop talent.
• Experience with managing growth and leading new business initiatives is critical. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel locally/internationally.