Successful reporting and management of the financial activities of the company and provide strategic and financial advice to the CEO and other senior management members.
Business, Growth & Governance
• Evaluation of businesses growth and investment plans
• Design of financial strategy that supports Co’s underlying businesses strategy
• Identification of key business concerns and opportunities through continuous evaluation of strategic
• Ensuring regulatory compliance and Corporate Governance.
Management of relationships with the related constituencies
• Maintaining and leveraging on the relations with equity investors, lenders, analysts, rating agencies, Government
Financial controls & MIS
• Annual operating plans and periodic MIS including competitive benchmarking
• Management of financial engineering tools to reduce cost of funds and cash flow risk.
• Consolidation of Balance Sheet and interfacing with auditors.
• Assist the CEO and Board of Directors with strategic initiatives by studying market and economic trends and risks, and how to take advantage of opportunities and mitigate risks.
• Work with the Board and CEO to identify and evaluate the capital needed and investment returns of potential new projects, including acquisitions, investments, and expansion projects.
• Establish and oversee the accounting policies, procedures and internal controls for each individual company, including but not limited to revenue recognition, cash management and control, expense approval authorities, depreciation schedules, etc.
• Oversee the reporting of individual companies to tax authorities, Board of Directors and outside investors.
• Set up a budgeting process for all companies, and work with the Financial Controller of each company to prepare budgets, report results, analyze variance and initiate corrective actions.
• Work with each company to analyze organization operations, and to identify opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement.
• Monitor the financial, accounting and taxation issues
• Supervise the cash flow in the operational entities as per the budgetary requirements
• Analyze and interpret operating results to help business heads to take corrective action in the areas of working capital, cost etc.
• Work proactively with the Taxation team & interpret new or upcoming tax legislations and provisions
• Ensure that accounts are maintained in the required form as per accepted guidelines and in compliance with standards
• Ensure timely completion of accounts at holding company level ,consolidation of accounts and report financial results of the group and its businesses in accordance with local and international standards within the target timelines and with assured quality
• Ensure that all listing requirements are met with (in Indian and international stock exchanges) in terms of accounting and reporting
• Facilitate and actively participate in the commercial and taxation framework of group businesses to achieve the most tax efficient way of dealing with intra-group cross boundary transactions
• Facilitate and oversee the process of statutory compliance with Companies Act, RBI guidelines, SEBI regulations (as applicable), Accounting standards, Excise, Sales tax and other indirect taxes, and related labour legislation
• Monitor financial and legal covenants drawn with financers and bankers are in line with Co’s Group Policy and the same are being met without default and fore alert in case of any deviations
• Oversee and facilitate risk and insurance practices to ensure adequate insurance coverage and risk management at optimum costs
Managing the Debt & Capital market transactions, including
• The project & corporate finance efforts. Debt restructuring, private placement, etc.,
• Equity transactions, which could be IPO, raising equity from strategic or PE funds, FCCBs etc.
M&A & Monetization
• Lead the Mergers and Acquisition efforts, if any.
• Identification of acquisition opportunities, negotiation and consummation of the deal, and integration of financial systems
• Monetization of the existing assets
Qualification, Experience & Skill Sets:
1. Our client is looking to fortify the executive team with an operationally savvy, pro-active Chief Financial Officer who will partner with the CEO to drive growth as well as to implement transformational organizational change across the business as it continues to expand its market consolidation.
2. CA with Minimum 15+ Years of Experience in high growth strategies and dynamics in the Retail or Logistics Industry sectors in and be a highly disciplined, metrics-driven change agent, focused on the bottom-line
3. The ideal candidate will have experienced successful You will have a proven background of building finance and accounting infrastructure in fast paced and highly entrepreneurial environment including
4. Commercial – monthly reporting, MIS, trend analysis
5. Book keeping – receivables, payables, GL/P&L/assets etc.
6. Good experience in due diligence / effective negotiation
7. Past experience in ERP
8. Sharp in financial analysis
9. Team management & Leadership
10. Customer Relationships