Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design, create & implement the risk assessment framework for retail borrowers, which includes assessment roadmap and strategy for creating successful credit model
o Create a credit scoring model includes traditional & non-traditional factors
o Continually analyse available data to identify risk scenarios, identify/execute process enhancements, and analyse credit risk holistically
• Analyse & identify parameters affecting repayment behaviour of the borrowers
• Define the source of data points, channelize them and incorporate the same in credit model
• Create and manage credit model using live data feed from the users
• Provide the necessary inputs for strategic decisions regarding borrower selection and credit assessment
• Collaborate with various internal & external stakeholders (strategic partners, product / platform providers, aggregators, other PPI issuers etc) to implement market-leading features / enhance the feature-set of the existing credit assessment model
• Work with the product team for timely implementation of the product enhancements
• Review behavioural patterns of the borrower and realign model parameters to reduce probability of default by the borrowers
• B.Tech/M.Tech/PhD/MSc/MS in Financial Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Econometrics, Statistics, Engineering or Physics
• Additional qualifications like an MBA/ CFA/ CAIA/ CA is preferred, but is not a pre-requisite.
• Ideally should have working understanding of MATLAB/R/Python/SPSS
• Understanding and exposure to statistical techniques like Liner regression, Logistic regression, Segmentation
• Work experience of at least 5 years
• Must have good understanding of conditional probabilities, statistics, econometrics, time series analysis, Neural networks and Bayesian Networks
• Project experience in machine learning, pattern recognition, predictive analytics or data mining is a huge plus
• Experience in credit risk management in automated decisions (underwriting or customer management) will be added advantage.
• A strong analytical background with experience/desire for innovative disruptive solutions with demonstrable examples such as adopting a non-traditional data source into credit decision algorithm.
• Experience in credit scoring, risk management or fraud prevention in India will be added advantage
• Expected to device consumer finance risk scorecards, assess the health of the scorecards and develop predictive models
• Responsibilities on Strategy Development would include Approve / Decline, Limit Assignment, Risk Based Pricing, Line Management, Authorizations, Re-pricing & Re-issue, among others
• Experience in an entrepreneurial environment a plus