Key Responsibilities :
- Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of product development activities.
- Manage the software development cycle including functional requirements, design, architecture, project planning, implementation, code review, and production deployment of features.
- Lead the analysis, design, critique and continual improvement of architecture, software components tools and methodologies.
- Build enhancements within existing software architecture and envision improvements to the architecture.
- Grow top talent engineering team (attract, hire, and manage) while creating a great engineering culture.
- Ensure that the technology can scale with the growth and diversity of the products.
- Employ the latest and best technologies to differentiate our company from our competition and enhance the customer experience.
- Design systems that simply and enhance customer experience.
Must Haves :
- Out of the box thinker- must be key driver contributing to the products roadmap and willing to take innovative product risk while balancing the road map for on time deliverables.
- A high level of interest and passion for consumer internet world/mobile products is a necessary criterion.
- Experience of having been in platform/ product software engineering for at least 10 or more years
- Extensive knowledge of Internet technologies (HTTP, REST, SOAP, XML) / Experience in Shell, Java, Perl, Ruby, or Python (at least two).
- Strong proficiency and having worked on cloud services including Amazon Web Services, EC2 hosts, S3 cloud storage, RedShift
- Working with Continuous Integration and Deployment tools
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application / Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform