Your primary role will be in-depth evaluation of risks from engineering and construction perspective, perform investigation of various residential, commercial and industrial accounts, understand loss prevention measures and support global account underwriters in detailed risk assessment.
- You would be required to understand and analyze all occupancies general and specific real estate, hospitals, hotels, light manufacturing, semiconductor, pulp and paper, steel, Onshore Energy and Power Generation pillars, power generation plants/utilities, chemical/petrochemical plants and refineries, gas plants and compressor stations, etc.
- The initial risk assessments will be completed by conducting an analysis of submitted values, as well as various construction, protection and occupancy features which would be determined through the receipt of loss prevention survey reports from a variety of sources.
- The candidate must be able to interpret these reports and be able to translate the information into risk quality ratings and fire/Net Cat loss estimates.
- An analysis of key natural perils will also need to be provided for each of the reviewed locations on the schedule of values.
Essential Job Functions :
- Evaluate models, understand non modeled portion of the exposure, research into both modeled and non-modeled areas
- Determine location at risk decide correct geocoding parameters and attributes
- Valuation Check (Insurance to Value determination)
- Technical support to team and client interaction
- Determining cat zone and verifying hazard
- Occupancy / Construction Code determination/verification
- Create Loss Estimate profiles of various risks
- Perform quality control / peer reviews on work completed by colleagues
- Ensure loss estimates and Risk Quality Ratings are consistently applied on assigned accounts
- AIR Touchstone or Classic/2 or RMS
- GIS Tools,Any other statistical tools for engineering analysis.
- SQL,MS Office
- Additional technologies is a plus
Requirements - Technical :
- A Master/degree engineer preferably within one of the following Engineering disciplines (Chemical, Electrical, Civil or Mechanical).
- 3-4 OR MORE Experience in working engineering fields, industry sites etc
- Excellent computer skills and proficient with advanced excel.
- Strong research experience and skills, including use of Internet based resources, resourcefulness is critical to success.
Requirements - Behavioral :
- Willing to learn more about the basics of fire protection and loss estimation.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Candidate must be able to work with little direct supervision, reliable and dependable.