Business Operations Manager
• Monitoring and improving daily functions
• Building processes based on our business goals
• Measuring the efficiency of systems and procedures
Job brief :
We are looking for a Business Operations Manager for our India office to monitor our organization’s functions and build processes that meet our business needs.
Business Operations Manager is responsible for keeping businesses profitable throughout its every function, from sales to human resources to production. This role also includes expense control, staff management, goods production and department supervision.
This position requires an individual to be extremely organized, have a keen attention to detail and the flexibility to work with different aspects of a business. Responsibilities include tracking business results, performing cost-benefit analyses and monitoring production and sales KPIs.
To be a successful Business Operations Manager, you should have experience in the same or similar role, managing all business operations and setting goals across the entire organization. You should also demonstrate great leadership skills and be able to communicate the vision of the company across all levels.
Ultimately, you will ensure that all business functions are in line with our strategic goals.
1. Cross-Functional Management
• Facilitate Conversation: Create opportunities for synergies across the business ecosystem on topics such as developing business models, organizational design and cross-functional initiatives to drive long term business sustainability.
• Decision Making: Build consensus among cross-functional teams and influence decision making with leadership audiences.
• Build Relationships: Build productive and positive relationships across the organization at all levels to drive influence.
• Holistic View & Alignment: Develop and utilize frameworks to help structure the team’s thinking, drive visibility, and facilitate alignment.
• Execution: Lead day to day operations and deliver on strategy and operational plans from the planning process against the strategic vision for the company.
• Operational Cadence/Rhythm of Business: Establish an operating rhythm of the business to ensure the organization is running effectively and efficiently to meet goals and objectives.
• Cost Reduction: Find and pursue cost reduction opportunities.
• Business Process Improvement: Manage centralize repository of processes and improve processes to minimize complexities and optimize to promote effective operations.
• Collection & Insights: Gather and analyze data, formulate and test hypotheses, synthesize findings, develop go-forward plans and help drive and translate recommendations into results.
4. Reporting, Metrics, and KPIs
• Reporting: Author, manage, and deliver executive level reporting, including weekly, monthly, quarterly status reports to manage risks and issues and improve team communication and collaboration.
• Metrics: Lead creation, identification, and insights of metrics to improve business performance and drive business actions.
• KPIs: Develop and track key KPIs across the team to track strategic goals, milestones and accomplishments.
5. Strategic Planning
• Insights Framework: Build the framework for the analysis behind company-wide strategic decisions related to all functions.
• Planning and Business Rhythms: Run organizational planning and business rhythm process in alignment with all other functions to develop vision, mission, goals, objectives and key results (OKRs), resource and capital plans, etc.
• Strategic Partnerships: Asses and develop potential strategic partnerships from technology and go to market perspective.
• M&A: Manage all merger & acquisition activities with focus on due diligence and post deal integration.
• GTM & International: Orchestrate the design and execution of all aspects of go-to-market.
• New Opportunities: Explore new markets and business models through industry trends, historical trends, forward looking forecasts, competitive assessment, etc. and build/evaluate recommendations for strategic growth and monetization.
• Special Projects Identify and implement new initiatives with key stakeholders to develop, champion, and launch new initiatives.
• Internal Consultant: Act and operate as an internal consultant, working directly with multiple stakeholders, management, and various related departments be able to optimize team performance.
• Project Management: Take complete ownership of projects/ programs from cradle to grave: business case, scope, cost, schedule, action cycles, risks, issues, decisions, interdependencies and milestones.
• Resource Planning & Management: Implement and maintain resource management system to effectively manage resource utilization.
• Culture & Engagement: Maintain harmony and ensure shared responsibility of business objectives with focus on team development and employee career growth.
• Recruiting & Onboarding: Help with recruiting operations and oversee new employee onboarding and training programs.
• Training: Engage employees through meaningful training and growth opportunities.
• Budget: Plan and manage budget including annual, quarterly and monthly expense tracking.
• ROI:: Partner with Finance and the business to manage, analyze and review organizational budgets, measure & track ROI, and reconcile and explain discrepancies.
• Procurement: Manage procurement process along with vendor and supplier relationships.
10. Communications and Change Management
• Communication Calendar: Create, manage and maintain specific communications and cadence for All Hands meetings, QBRs, team meetings, ongoing communications, etc.
• Framework: Establish a structure and cadence of program and function reviews to increase visibility, drive alignment, and resolve blockers.
• Change Management: Develop strategic change and drive change management and business transformation efforts.
• Clients: Manage client expectations and communicate with client whenever required.
• 5+ years’ experience as a Business Operations Manager or in a similar role.
• Total experience of 12+
• Experience with team sizes of 300+
• Good knowledge of operations management.
• Good knowledge of sales & customer service management.
• Experience with forecasting models.
• Experience with databases and project management software’s.
• Ability to interpret financial data and allocate budgets.
• Exceptional communication skills written & verbal
• Master’s in Business Management or relevant field