Indicative (description of responsibilities and suitable candidate profile
To function as profit centre head for the business in a geographical region. From business and people leadership perspective, the position has challenging work profile and involves managing a team of experienced professionals.
- Strategising, planning, goal setting and leading teams;
- Leading to achieve revenue, market share, profitability and other strategic objectives;
- Establishing a culture of collaboration and integration that enhances revenue and cost optimization & supports innovation and creativity;
- Overseeing strong workforce development, employee satisfaction and engagement, maximizing growth potential of employees and strong succession planning;
- Maximizing operational efficiency to provide the highest results
- Ensuring compliance;
- Management reporting;
- Achieving and maintaining strong financial health;
- Establishing an effective means to communicate across;
The ideal successful candidate will possess the following required and desired credentials, experience, skills, and attributes:
- Overall, over 18-20 years of post qualification balanced experience in various aspects of an organization preferably from Consumer Products and or Consumer Directed Services.
- Prior experience as profit centre head is desired.
- Responsible for top-line /bottom-line, will lead team of professionals from HR & Administration, Finance, Sales and Marketing, Customer Support, Supply Chain, Operations etc.
- Experience of working in diverse markets and successful track record of achieving sales, brand building, network development & profit targets
- Experience in effectively representing organisational needs with an understanding of the broader economic demands.
- Experience of continuous improvement of market shares and revenue management goals.
- Seasoned and successful leader, preferably with experience in a major & complex industry or organization in a competitive market segment.
- Experience operating effectively in a complex decision-making setting.
Working experience with diverse groups and commitment to advancing workplace diversity.
- Experience working in a complex environment where there may be conflicting objectives, ability to navigate and pull all into a broader system view, and ability to effectively engage constituents to achieve a balance in competing agendas.
Personal Characteristics and Attributes
- Collaborative partner who values teamwork and integration.
- Decisive yet supportive of distributed decision making; not afraid to make tough decisions.
- Openness, accessibility and visibility; approachable to staff.
- Proactively seeks to build and maintain relationships.
- Motivational and inspirational with a commitment to excellence.
- Excellent communication, listening, and negotiation skills, inclusive of other's views
- Strategic thinker who is visionary, innovative, creative, and willing to take appropriate risk.
- Maturity in judgment, broad thinking and intellectually agile.
- Sense of humor, strong confident style and enthusiastic disposition.
- Demonstrates integrity and honesty.
Education and Training
1. An advanced degree in a relevant field is required (MBA/PGDM) appropriate management and leadership experience is essential, and advanced training in business management is preferable.
2. Broad understanding of widely distributed Consumer Facing Industry is desired.
3. Thorough knowledge of modern management principles, practices, and methods is required.
This job description is intended as a representation of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.