The Person :
You will need to prove you can provide leadership to the Group and Vertical Heads - Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Procurement, Supply Chain, Production, R&D, HR, Finance, and IT. Apart from extensive exp in Sales & Distribution (things like - PAN India Demographics, Sales Universe, Sales Statics, Distribution, Channels, Retail outlets etc.), you need to have exposure to ATL/BTL, and understand Supply-chain management. Any insight you have in Manufacturing would be a big plus in your selection for this role.
The Role :
This Business Head position is in Delhi.
The primary objective will be to plan, lead and direct the business operations in order to meet objectives and targets for business growth & Profitability. You will be responsible for Direction and Implementation of all Operations and all activities of the SBU.
The right person will be someone who carries proven exposure in developing, leveraging and in executing business Strategies. You have already worked in an environment where you have created Structures and Capabilities to support Future Growth ambitions.
1. Plan, Formulate and Develop short term and long term business strategies, objectives and revenue projections, ensuring long term viability of business unit and also that they are in line with groups objective, plans and vision.
2. Develop annual business plans, Operating plans and Budgets to support the Strategic guidelines given by BOD and also meet agreed objectives and revenue projections and ensure implementation of the approved plans.
3. Provide leadership and operational directives to all functions/departments of SBU ensuring efficient and effective work planning, allocation, achievements of targets and performance as per Budget approved by BOD.
4. Ensure development and implementation of effective policies, standards, processes and systems for monitoring, measuring and reporting achievement within agreed time frames and cost measures.
5. Maintain and ensure that all activities meet and integrate with organizational requirements for quality Management, Health and Safety, environmental policies, statutory and Regulatory requirements, Legal requirements (all Corporate Governance Compliances) and Business ethics.
6. Build a customer focused, high performance culture which is aligned with the company values and which attracts, develops, retains talent necessary to execute the organizational strategy
7. Coach, motivate and guide team in achieving performance targets.
8. Help build the Positive Brand identity of the company.
Your Key Accountabilities :
1. Achievement of revenue (Volume, Value and Product mix) and profitability targets (Operating margins, Assets Efficiency, ROCE, ROS, PBT etc.)
2. Development, coordination and implementation of strategies and action plans for New Business opportunities, Sales (Retail, Modern Trade, Institutional Sales, Exports), Marketing (ATL, BTL), Manufacturing, Technical Services, Procurement, Supply Chain, and all other associated with specific SBU requirements.
3. Customer satisfaction with respect to quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the product and service provided.
4. Employee satisfaction and retention (Employee Turnover %, Team Motivation Index, R&R) including development of future leaders.
5. Ensure adherence to all certification requirements, statutory and Regulatory requirements, Legal requirements (all Corporate Governance Compliances).
6. Ensuring Work Culture which inculcates right Business ethics, team working, high performance culture.
7. Brand building of the Company Business.
The Candidate Profile :
You will be responsible for P&L and the day to day operations.
You will be responsible for overseeing the entire SBUs Operations (6000+ crore), the top-line and bottom line, Growth in Profitability and other corporate objectives for one of the largest FMCG organization in Northern India.
You will provide leadership to the group and Vertical Heads - Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Procurement, Supply Chain, Production, R&D, HR, Finance, and IT. Apart from extensive exp in Sales & Distribution (for example - things like PAN India Demographics, Sales Universe, Sales Statics, Distribution, Channels, Retail outlets etc.), you need to have exposure to ATL/BTL, and understand Supply-chain management. Any insight you have in Manufacturing would be a big plus
For this role, you need to be in 43 to 54 year age bracket, carrying extensive exposure within Sales & Distribution in FMCG industry, and with a proven background of having crafted business strategies and roadmap (in the previous organization) to achieve organizational targets.
** Pls note that because the role is to manage an SBU that is 6000 crore plus, so you will have to convince you can manage such numbers (pan-India) and can develop & implement strategies and action plans for New Business opportunities.