The City General Manager is a challenging as well as a unique opportunity for self starters; it requires a unique mix of talent, guts and leadership skills. As the leader in each city, the GM is responsible for the development and growth of our business in one of the major international cities.
The core of business for our client, is in the city team, led by a General Manager. It's a big deal and the qualities and capabilities required of a GM mean you are an incredibly intelligent, talented and highly sought-after professional!
What You'll Do : -
Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns
Manage deployment and quality of supply chain (i.e. our vendors and partners)
Represent the organisation at local events and with local PR
Manage local regulatory concerns and local policy influencing individuals/ agencies
Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
Help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
- Highly analytical and solution driven individual who knows how to solve issues at the local levels.
- Excellent team leader, who leads by example
- Passion for building and managing partnerships that drive value.
- Proven ability to work in an autonomous, dependable and self-starting manner.
- Ability to engage, share and work as a team with colleagues from both BD as well as other departments.
- Strong attention to detail and drive for excellence is essential.
- Proven problem-solving, strategic and analytical capabilities.
- A strong marketeer with excellent inter personal skills, focusing on reaching out to new users and customers via unique and out of the box thought processes.
- 7+ years of consulting, investment banking, marketing or operations management experience (from companies like McKinsey, BCG, Bain, HUL, P&G etc.)
- MBA from Tier 1 MBA colleges like IIM/ ISB/ XLRI and engineering from Tier 1 engineering colleges like IIT/ NIT/ BITS etc.
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgement through strong analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a go getter attitude!
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is helpful
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Entrepreneurial DNA
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We're not just another social web app, we're moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Monthly gym reimbursement.