The Functional Business Analyst will conduct business analysis, requirements analysis and validation, requirements gathering, user communications and have a role in the future design, acquisition, configuration, and implementation of software solutions.
The BA will be in primarily a functional role versus technical but must be comfortable with technology and working with technical teams.
- Review, analyze and document business practices and requirements related to existing or proposed information systems in clear and concise language.
- Review and document business rules that must be incorporated into the proposed system.
- Document business practices by reviewing agency and program goals and objectives, work-flow, data input and output, data content and any external considerations.
- Research and gather Business Requirements via requirements gathering (JAD) sessions, interviews, surveys and reviewing current documentation.
- Create documentation describing business flow and function using flow charts and data/process models describing these business functions.
- Where needed, develop data test protocols, including test plans, test conditions and validation testing. Test systems functionality and document test results. As appropriate, conduct or assist with User Acceptance Testing.
- Perform preliminary analysis about costs, benefits, risks and feasibility of design and implementation of proposed systems.
- For vendor supplied solutions, assist with the coordination and delivery of training to DHS IT staff.
- Evaluate implementation strategies and document issues requiring resolution after a technology system has been implemented (post Implementation resolution).
- Coordinate and record stakeholder meetings regarding system planning, Implementation or issue resolution.
- Escalate any project related issues or potential impediments to a project's schedule or deliverable
- Preparing and providing organization wide communications e.g. meeting agendas, meeting minutes, etc.
- 9+ years- Business Analysis experience.