Process client accounting transactions in the appropriate accounting software on a regular and timely basis.
· Monitor the portal for assigned clients on a regular basis to ensure all transactions are processed in a timely manner.
· Perform compilation procedures in accordance with firm and professional standards as directed by engagement leaders.
· Develop technical competency with GAAP and various accounting software systems used to provide the FAO services.
· Respond to client and firm associate requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner.
· Communicate proactively with other firm associates regarding open items, problems, or other important matters in a timely manner.
· Adhere to prescribed budgets and deadlines.
Prepare correspondence related to client engagements as appropriate.
· Participate in core CPE programs.
· Develop a familiarity with Wipfli service offerings with the intent of applying that knowledge towards identifying additional client opportunities.
· Actively participate in community activities to develop positive relationships with community leaders and members.
Qualification, Skills, Experience and Competencies Required
An Associate’s Degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Chartered Accountant license (or a CA candidate) would be helpful but not required.
· QuickBooks ProAdvisor certification is preferred but not required at the time of interview and hire (will be required to obtain certification after starting).
· Prior bookkeeping/accounting experience is preferred, but not required. However, requires 2-3 years of prior bookkeeping/accounting experience.
· Processing accounting transactions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and preparation of financial statements.
· Prior experience using accounting software packages such as QuickBooks and/or Dynamics GP is preferred but not required.
· Active communicator and a great team player
· Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively
· Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to work under tight deadlines
· Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate with the team
· Ability to be flexible with scheduling to meet workflow demands
· Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor
· Ability to maintain client confidentiality, personal objectivity and professionalism