BI Developer/Analyst will be provided with an unprecedented opportunity to work with a dedicated team of highly trained professionals and technology leaders working to shape the future of analytics .
They will be a key supporting member ensuring proactive participation in BI initiatives.
This opportunity allows the individual to learn about critical business processes across the globe, as well as develop an understanding of the technologies supporting FX Trade operations.
The role involves collaborating with business and information management teams across the organization through multiple initiatives and providing analytic support to the BI user community.
This exciting opportunity will provide an unprecedented growth platform and learning opportunity for the right candidate.
- Support/Develop data and database oriented solutions in order to solve complex business problems leading to data driven decision making.
- Support/Develop data integration processes to integrate disparate data sets into a cohesive data model in support of BI and analytical requirements.
- Support/Develop scalable/enterprise data marts targeted for broad deployment across a division or the entire enterprise.
Take ownership of a problem and stay with it through to resolution -- often involves coordinating the actions of people in other teams to achieve the desired result.
- Create rapid prototypes with team members leveraging traditional database technologies and alternative solutions.
- Data analysis/Reporting and visualization
- ETL development, BI Report Development
- BI Triage support, BI User Education/Training
- Supporting document management and knowledge sharing
- Supporting the activities related to the collection, review, cleansing, quality and reporting of data as well as end user - adoption of our BI applications across the organization
- Knowledge of servers, storage, databases, Unix/Linux, Java/Python/C++ and worked with large Databases is considered an asset
- Good computer applications knowledge (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook)
- Experience in web application development and BI reporting
- Experience in Domo, BI reporting tools is an asset.
- Familiarity with Agile development approaches and methodologies.
- Analytic minded and out of the box thinker; innovative with "can do" attitude
- User-centric with excellent customer service skills
- Enthusiasm and passion for analytics
- High degree of initiative with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong attention to details, organizational skills, interpersonal / customer skills, and a customer service focus
- Possess a positive attitude and is a strong team player
- Strong analytical skills, technical acumen and demonstrated experience in data gathering, data analysis, conceptual and logical models and physical data design are required, as well as experience with all aspects of the software development process
- Understanding of database query performance and optimization
- Knowledge of and experience in DB2, Data Modeling or RDMS is an asset
- Knowledge of FX Trade, Trading is an asset