Responsibilities and Deliverables:
Develop expertise in key expense accounts for global Facilities Management (FM) Business and manage all associated accounting and control activities.
- Analyze financial costs and operational data for various Buildings / Cost codes around the globe and present findings clearly to enable effective decision-making.
- Work in close coordination with global finance leadership and Facilities Managers for annual budget and quarterly reforecast related assignments. Consolidate inputs and translate business assumptions to quantify financial impact.
- Own key accounting and control processes (including balance sheet substantiation, audit and disclosure requirements).
- Work closely with Facilities Management vendor partners for monitoring actual expenses vis-a-vis annual budgets.
- Work closely with other members of the real estate finance team to ensure integration and collaboration with other business managers across various geographies.
- Ensure accurate allocation of CSRE expenses to other divisions of Company. Explain key expense drivers and trends to internal finance teams.
- Drive improvement and automation of current processes across finance tools and systems to enhance efficiency, accuracy and control.
- Prior work experience with multinational firms in financial planning and analysis roles, with proven ability to work with Business and vendor partners would be preferred.
- Strong commercial mindset and analytical skills, with ability to summarize and present information at a management level
- Clarity and understanding of accounting concepts acquired during professional training.
- Strong people management skills with ability to coach and guide junior team members.
- Exposure to financial tools and applications such as Essbase, Business Objects, or data visualization tools like Tableau.
- Functional understanding of any ERP system (especially PeopleSoft 8.9) would be an advantage
- Strong networking skills to establish contacts and partnerships with other teams in Company.
- Ability to organize own time and work independently, without close supervision
- Courage to challenge current practice and initiative to suggest new ways of working
- Initiate by look for value-added ideas, approaches, and recommendations, to enhance existing methods and procedures
- Ability to work in a team based environment and to interface with all levels of employees
- Flexibility to Adapt easily to a dynamic and changing organization and able to work well under pressure
- Demonstrate a willingness to get involved and get the job done