Role & Responsibilities :
- Intelligently monitor the investment activity; highlight and report unusual activity.
- To be fully informed of all developments and issues in their investment areas.
- Identify any investments booked incorrectly in the firm's trade processing systems.
- Interact with deal team members and their management.
- Liaise with Operations, Compliance, Legal and Tax in problem solving capacity.
- Assess risk inherent in the desks- investments, whether market, compliance or reputational risk etc.
- Prepare daily P&L's for the desks, involving pricing reviews to ensure reasonable valuation of inventory, and substantial use of the firm's accounting systems.
- Perform independent price verification on inventories.
- Month-end procedures preparing accounts for posting to the firm's general ledger and preparing disclosers relating to the desk's inventories for the firm's regulatory reporting.