The main objective of the role is to achieve business growth by developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key business decision-makers, provide guidance/ expertise on various valuation engagements, and lead the team towards excellence in service delivery.
- Manage a team of 15-20 financial analysts
- Work on and lead several medium-to-high complexity valuation engagements. Area of expertise required in:
a) Business valuations using DCF and market-multiples based approaches
b) Purchase price allocation and Impairment testing of goodwill and intangibles as per US GAAP/IFRS accounting standards
c) Value allocation and valuation of preferred equity using CVM, OPM & PWERM methodologies (under 409a or ASC 861)
d) Valuation of debt, options and warrants, using Black Scholes and other similar models
e) Financial due diligence and post-deal analysis
- Lend specific subject matter knowledge and provide team members with accurate and useful guidance in technical areas of high risk and complexity
- Produce assignment budgets and timetables, and manage delivery against them
- Focus team on key priorities and ensure smooth service delivery within the defined competency/geographical area
- Assign people to projects based on their skills, career goals and client's expectations
- Partner with internal and external clients to improve processes
- Work with project leaders to analyze resource needs and gaps, and devise alternative ways forward
- Generate new business opportunities by developing ideas and solutions
- Develop long-term relationships, both internally and with clients
- Responsible for goal setting, performance appraisal and professional development of counselees and the larger team
- Identify and plan for L&D needs of team members
- Be a positive leader and mentor to team members.
- In-depth understanding of financial and valuation principles
- Direct experience on various valuation techniques and methodologies including DCF, Market Comparables, Purchase Price Allocation, Impairment testing, Valuation of debt, options and warrants, Value allocation using OPM, CVM, PWERM etc.
- Financial modelling experience, mainly of building valuation models
- Knowledge of accounting standards, including US GAAP and IFRS, mainly in respect of their relevance to valuations
- Sound grasp of MS Excel; a natural interest in working and learning to use it to an advanced level
- Advanced knowledge of using various research databases like CapitalIQ, Bloomberg, Factset, Factiva, Thomson etc.
- Excellent analytical, project management and teamwork competencies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven business development and marketing techniques, and ability to pursue and close business growth opportunities