- Architecting, Planning and Implementation of end-to-end Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence systems utilizing best practices from Data Architecture, Data Integration and Data Management areas.
- Establish data standards and templates to improve quality and integrity of data
- Design Backup and Recovery Policy for the Enterprise Data warehouse (EDW)
- Integration of diverse data sources with the EDW.
- Developing Analysis Model for the business subject areas.
- Identify and understand Source Data Systems. Map Source System Data to EDW Data Model.
- Design and develop extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) processes.
- Define and capture Meta Data and rules associated with ETL processes.
- Query Tuning for performance.
- Use Business Intelligence tools and OLAP to generate cubes and analytical reports on large volumes of data
- Defining Strategy and Architecture for systems involving Data Warehouse, ETL, BI Reporting, Data Marts, ODS, Data Governance, Data Quality, Meta Data Management etc. Assist in effort estimation for new projects/proposals.
- Develop and implement standards, procedures and best practices for data maintenance, reconciliation and exception management.
- Demonstrate technical leadership
- Ensure delivery of technical engagements by exceeding customer expectations.
- Provide expert consultation for EDW architecture and best practices to customers and internal employees.
- Prepare ETL and BI Estimation and Pricing for customer and internal projects
- Lead small to medium size projects, and manage the execution by planning project activities, assigning tasks to team, tracking and monitoring the tasks, and working with close coordination with the project manager.
- Provide training and support for EDW customers; educate customers on the value of EDW
- Business Development
- Need to actively contribute to Pre-Sales /BD for custom solution designing as per customer requirement
- Author solutions for current and potential customer concerns, including responding to RFPs and developing white papers.
- Overall 9+ years of experience in technical leadership in data warehousing and Business Intelligence areas. Must have designed and implemented Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solution as a lead Architect for at least 2 end-to-end large scale systems.
- Should have successfully done 1-2 end to end DW implementations in Pharma or Life Sciences Business domains
- Experience in architecting, optimizing, & maintaining large enterprise databases.
- Extensive knowledge of dimensional modelling, Star & Snowflake schema designs, Data Mining methodologies, and latest in the field such as XML Warehousing, In-memory & column-store DBMS, cloud based DW design.
Experience in ETL/data integration tools like Informatica, MSFT SSIS, Oracle Data Integrator, Data Stage, Ab Initio.
- Expert knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
- Knowledge of SQL (Query) tuning using Oracle specific constructs, optimizing batch process as well tuning various ETL jobs.
- Knowledge in Data Analysis & Logical Data Modelling
- Business analysis capability to work with HLDD, LLDD and other design documents (Oracle and SQL an advantage)
- Should have experience in developing data dictionaries and data library
- Ability to classify the data that is required for business integration and reporting application
- Good to have experience in OLAP Cube designing
- Good to have experience working on BI Tools like Microstrategy, Tableau, Qlikview
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines and documenting progress towards those deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (must be able to interface with both technical and business leaders in the organization)
- Ability to be a self-starter and can provide leadership
- Strong analytical skills to solve and model complex business requirements are a plus