- Expert knowledge of modern risk management techniques within Retail Banking, and in the use of risk models within such an environment.
- Experienced in the extraction and manipulation of data to support risk model development, including defining observation periods, outcome periods, choosing a suitable "bad" definition.
- A postgraduate degree in a numerate subject (e.g. mathematics, statistics, operational research, economics or MBA) from a reputed institute with knowledge of advanced statistical and analytical techniques.
Tools & Certification:
- Experienced and competent in the use of statistical packages e.g. SAS (including dealing with large datasets) and model development environments.
Other Desired Qualities:
- Good team management, project management, and communication (both written and verbal) skills, including the ability to lead and motivate others.
- Identifies key project stakeholders and develops an appropriate stakeholder communication plan. Engages with a diverse group of stakeholders to influence the direction of projects to meet the project milestones.
- A good external network of contacts within the risk industry.