To advise and ensure adherence to environmental, health & safety standards, as laid down by Corporate and Divisional EHS, in the unit. To update himself on all latest guidelines / parameters of safe work / environment and share the knowledge / train key personnel accordingly.
Position - EHS Manager for the Unit
Planning & Reviews - Frequent and regular interactions with Divisional EHS Manager, Branch Manager and all other HODs in the unit for planning & reviews.
Supplier/Vendor - Frequent and regular interaction with all contractors for implementation of guidelines.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Recommend and advise the Management the impacts of various environment pollution parameters and suggest ways & means of controlling the same.
• Ensure through regular rounds/ proper liaisoning with workmen & staff for compliance of safe work practices.
• Ensure that proper records as per the guidelines of Corporate Safety are maintained.
• To plan training of all contractors and own employees for safety and ensure implementation.
• To ensure that all incidents are captured and analyzed and actions are planned and taken to prevent recurrence.
• To ensure that best safe work practices are identified and implemented.
• To ensure formal reports/reviews of action plans of EHS audit and regular follow up on Internal audits.
• To ensure that regular EHS audits are carried out and also external audits are coordinated and organized.
• Plan and ensure that EHS Committee Meetings are held regularly.
• Ensure risk assessment / hazard spotting exercises are carried out on regular basis.
• To make sure that safety features are in-built at the initial stage of new projects and inspect / recommend rectification of any unsafe guarding / inter-locking of new machines before they are commissioned on the floor.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS & EXPERIENCE :
• Diploma from RLI / CLI in the field of Industrial Safety.
• Safe work practices and technology, such as, categories of guarding, etc. of machines.
• Various acts of Laws, such as, Factories Act, Labour Laws, Employee Compensation Act, etc.
• Corporate / BATCO EHS Guidelines.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS :
• Accident reduction
• Audit Ratings
• EHS Mapping