Day to Day Responsibilities :
- Leads as a technical expert in design, development, testing, and debugging new system modules or enhancements to existing application
- Analyzes problems and provides recommendations for application improvements
- Works with infrastructure and peers to determine implementation details for enhancements and applications
- Consults and influences the Project Manager and the business to arrive at best practice application/solution designs
- Lead a development team to create project estimates based on business requirements
- Expected to provide a work breakdown of projects and enhancements and assign pieces to peers
- Expected to participate in complete project lifecycle up to and including project implementation and provide leadership within a team environment
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for less senior developers in the requirements, planning, modeling, development, deployment and support of the system
- Work with software vendors to provide timely support and resolution to issues
- Available to provide 24X7 support on rotating on-all duty, and to provide guidance to less senior support personnel when necessary
- Establish and maintain working relationships with internal business customers, internal IT support groups and vendors to achieve project goals
Education and Experience Required :
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline or three (3) years of equivalent experience in a related field. Master's Degree is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills :
- Should be extremely familiar with IBM Mainframe programming, COBOL, DB2, SQL and have DBA capabilities.
- Knowledge of Unemployment Insurance (UI) Systems is a plus.
- Must have five (5) years of computer experience in information systems design.
- 3 years of experience as an application programmer on large- scale DBMS, knowledge of computer equipment, and ability to develop complex software to satisfy design objectives.
- Minimum of (4) years of hands-on experience in software development programming with at least -two (2) years in IT systems analysis and programming with emphasis in designing mainframe transaction processing systems.
- Have at least (5) years of experience in IT systems analysis and programming
Minimum of at least (2) years of IBM Mainframe z/OS experience in structured analysis design using each of the following :
- TSO, JCL, DB2 database programming,
- COBOL programming,
- Structured Query Language,
- CICS Programming
- Hands-on experience within the past two (2) years with relevant automated benefits system (Preferred qualification; not a requirement)
- 2 years- experience within the past five (5) years working in an unemployment insurance environment (Preferred qualification; not a requirement)
- 2 years- experience with CSP Programming in unemployment insurance environment (Preferred qualification; not a requirement)
- In case you don- t know - CSP (Cross System Product) is an IBM Mainframe Programming language, similar to COBOL. The candidate may be required to review CSP code from the existing functional system, to be able to extract business rules, business data, make code modifications, and/or write new code in CSP/COBOL/SQL. Knowledge of COBOL and structured programming will greatly help if recent CSP experience is not available.
- Resource should be ready to work in night shift Mainframe, COBOL, CICS
- Resource must have a valid Passport, and resume must show Passport details. Without a Passport details, resume shall be rejected without any discussion.
- Mainframe MicroFocus COBOL, DB2, JCL, CICS.