With millions of customers visiting us every day to find, discover, and buy products, were obsessed with making the shopping experience the best it can be - and advertising is a part of that experience. We strive to make advertising so relevant that customers welcome it - on Amazon, on mobile and tablet devices, and across the web. We put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
If you- re obsessed with being a part of digital advertising that informs instead of interrupts; that helps customers deliver great products and brands, not just delivers impressions; and that empowers customers to be decisive, rather than distracts them - then we want you to come join us and make advertising even better. The Amazon India Advertising business is a strategic start-up with support and interest from business units across the company as well as Amazon's top management. We are a motivated, collaborative and fun-loving team building a high growth business. We are entrepreneurial and have a bias for action and a broad mandate to experiment and innovate. This role offers an opportunity to make a significant impact on the future vision for Amazon.
This position is based at the Amazon India headquarters in Bangalore, with travel as required.
We are looking for a hands-on, detail-oriented, highly-motivated and cross-functionally oriented Program Manager to help scale our growing Self-Serve Advertising program for Brands. Developing and leveraging strong relationships with Sellers/Brands and internal teams, this person will be responsible for all aspects of Self-Serve and Marketing services management and associated SOPs and Processes. Ensuring seamless execution of smart, effective campaigns, the will deliver to brands- needs and assist in driving new and repeat opportunities for the advertisements business.
To do this, this person needs to be extremely hands-on, have a good understanding of Amazon's display/search advertising products, operational capabilities to work with different teams seamlessly, as well as the ability to synthesize analysis into a concise and compelling presentation. In addition to this, the person will interact with product development, technical teams, finance, legal, business teams, advertising agencies, and clients/sellers.
- Serve as a key member of brands /self-serve Advertising team, helping to drive overall Amazon Advertising strategy and business growth with the granular focus on metrics and adoptions.
- Establish and build strong, profitable, long-term relationships with Seller/Brand community and establish closed-loop processes for product and operational feedback and contribute to the overall growth and profit of Amazon India's business by expanding our partner ecosystem.
- Identify, rationalize, and define channel strategy for Amazon India's emerging Self-Serve Advertising business. For each Industry segment and Sales channel, define the business model, advertisement offering, engagement process, and support/operations model to drive brands adoption and business revenue growth.
- Build scale into the Marketing services function for Self-Serve- by collaborating with internal stakeholders (Product managers, Ad operations, Service provider teams, Optimization teams, Seller Sales and Account teams) to develop joint business plans and upsell opportunities with coherent messaging/positioning for brands/sellers/partners.
- Act as the advertisers- /brands- advocate to evangelize for their success working with Amazon India, by partnering with a product, account management, support, and global technology teams to drive advertiser success on Amazon's advertising platform. Dive into the Self-Serve Metrics, develop closed-loop processes and SOPs for measuring and enhancing brands experience on Advertisements.
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case. Build and execute the strategic business development plan and outreach through different Sales Channel to drive metrics and awareness plus adoption while working with key internal stakeholders to drive mutually beneficial programs.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to increasing adoption customers.
- Proven experience of cross-functional skills, business/operations management in Advertisements/Marketing, especially online marketing and advertising- Creative and strategic vision to build value proposition for clients and advertisements property
- Strong analytical skills as well as experience in applying those skills in the advertising domain - Media planning capabilities (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint; Nielsen @Plan, Ad Relevance, and NetView; DART, Atlas) preferable
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets
- Bachelor's degree; emphasis in Marketing, Advertising, or Business preferred. MBA would be preferred in Marketing and cross-functional Strategy on B2B
- Sound judgment and flexibility in balancing program requirements, tight deadlines, and keeping people and projects moving on schedule - Fluent in English
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically. Adept at making data-driven decisions.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment
- MBA from Tier 1 Business school