The successful candidate is thorough, intelligent, diligent and experienced as a Build Engineer.
The candidate should have been proven capable of creating, troubleshooting and managing a build environment (Jenkins/Hudson) with a large number of projects and builds.
The candidate will be expected to be part of a large and growing Agile team that spans multiple projects and target environments. Experience with separation of duties and security is important, as is maintaining appropriate controls on systems, jobs and scripts. Experience with a controlled dependency management environment is critical.
- The job requires the ability to troubleshoot issues quickly, working to a permanent resolution and responding to varying priorities without hesitation.
- The successful candidate will have to meet a large majority of all of the listed requirements.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with configuration and management of Sonatype Nexus
- Experience using SCM to manage source code, build scripts and attributes (Git)
- Experience with configuration and management of Atlassian Stash
- Experience managing a build environment across multiple active teams and projects
- Experience managing multiple build pipelines from DEV through to PROD
- Very strong experience with Jenkins/Hudson, including installation, configuration and ongoing management of plugins, project security
- Very strong experience with Maven, Ant, Gradle
- Experience with deploying to JEE containers (WebSphere preferred)
- Experience managing builds targeting different runtime environments (Web, Mobile)
- Experience managing builds that span multiple independent builds and deployed application tiers
- Experience with Linux, Unix, Windows, Mac usage and administration
- Experience with automated integration test tools (Geb, Selenium)
- Experience with scripting for Linux (Mac and Windows a plus)
- Experience working in an open, fast-paced workspace and interacting with multiple teams and skillsets
- Experience working in a large organization with separation of duties and skillsets
- Experience and willingness to build relationships with infrastructure personnel to move goals forward