The Information Services Group (ISG) is responsible for providing authoritative sources of reference data to our clients across the Institutional Client Services (ICG) organization, through implementing state of the art technologies and operational processes which promote the collection, storage, analysis, and distribution of product, pricing, account and corporate action data. The ISG organization works in partnership with data clients across all ICG business lines, deploying solutions to increase their competitiveness, through restructuring business processes, simplifying information access, and providing business intelligence around critical data
The Securities & Pricing Operations team is responsible for ensuring that product, pricing, and corporate actions data is available, accurate, and complete for global financial markets. They work with various business units to set up and the price listed, OTC, and private placement instruments in our master databases to facilitate trading activities. In addition, the team monitors reconciliation and data quality reports, as well as global corporate action announcements and actions listings, delisting, name changes and identifier changes. The Securities & Pricing Operations team works in partnership with our state of the art technology team to automate loading and validating of data. The Gurgaon team also works closely with global Securities & Pricing Operations teams to ensure that a consistent model is followed with respect to this critical reference data.
The APAC Reference Data Management Group Manager position will be responsible for overseeing the processing of complex Securities and Pricing day-to-day operations and projects including exception processing items, escalations, writing procedures, writing test scripts and leading projects across the APAC region. It includes working with the appropriate Middle Office teams to ensure requests properly include required information and that they are actioned timely; as well as working with appropriate Front Office teams to ensure clean and accurate trading activity. In addition, working with Technology and BA teams to drive testing and be involved/lead projects.
Audit prep including coordination of management preparedness, review/maintain consistent Management Control Assessments (MCA's), being the point person and lead audit interface. They will build key relationships within all levels of the organization to further control objectives. The position supports the Department Manager in process redesign reviews, technology changes, and long and short-term projects.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Oversight of securities, pricing, and corporate actions day-to-day functions
· Oversight of reconciliation and data quality functions
· Support Pre-market events and Post Market Close events
· Be able to work for hands on with tight deadlines
· Gain thorough industry knowledge quickly and effectively interact with other operating units
· Provide effective maker/checker function to ensure data quality and accuracy
· Ensure adherence to all audit policies and procedures
· Metrics and reporting to senior management
· Provide SIT, UAT testing with strategic technology rollouts
· Coordinate with global managers in other regions to drive policy and resolve issues
· Coordinate with Front Office and Middle Office partners
· Understand global procedures to support other markets during off hours
· Provide subject matter expertise to related projects
· Identify policy gaps and formulate policies
· Interpret data and makes recommendations
· Provide training support
· Familiarity with a wide array of financial product types
· Knowledge and familiarity with financial product data vendors (Bloomberg, Reuters, S&P, Telekurs, etc)
· Strong organization skills with an excellent attention to detail
· Strong people management skills
· Ability to focus on high-quality work while under pressure
· Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, including proficiency in Excel
· Strong teamwork skills in a local setting, as well as across different geographic locations
· Must possess strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to be assertive
· Two to three years’ experience in Reference Data Operations
· Previous hands-on experience with financial securities data.
· Previous experience with technology
· Master’s degree or MBA (or equivalent work experience)