The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing a high level expertise to support
the ADDM product for Enterprise customers. The Job Scope includes trouble-shooting issues
related to the ADDM product on multiple operating systems, databases and networks, to
provide a timely and accurate response to our customers. Report and validate design
defects and enhancement requests.
Duties/Responsibilities of Position:
- Provide Level-2 and Level-3 support for ADDM.
- Respond to and resolve all customer technical issues (via phone, e-mail, web)
- Work with engineering team on customer escalations and help them fixing issues.
- Maintain high level of customer satisfaction
- Maintain clear and concise ticket documentation with all required data and fields
- Escalate service requests and issues appropriately to engineering team.
- Exercise independent thought within defined procedures and practices
- Manage priorities and act on factors that create priorities
- Prepare for and support new products within technical area
- Generate Knowledge Base entries
Position Specific Skills/Education:
- BS degree in CS/EE or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
- Overall experience of 4-5 years in IT industry and BMC products.
- Knowledge of ADDM application, experience of 3-4 years.
- Experience with administration of Windows 2003/XP and UNIX (HP-UX, AIX, Solaris,
- Familiarity with HTML, XML, Java (runtime)
- Database experience, specifically Oracle and MS SQL
- Directory Service/LDAP, specifically Active Directory
- Networking Experience: working knowledge of TCP/IP, SNMP, firewall, proxy, etc..