PeopleSoft/Oracle Technical Writer
- Work with DHS program areas to understand business needs and using this knowledge make recommendations for existing PeopleSoft queries and reports that will address these needs.
- Responsible for the design, development, testing, and implementation of core financial/human capital management/procurement/grants reports, executive dashboards, queries, and other ad hoc reporting as needed by the agency.
- Provide operational support to end-users who are using reporting tools in the areas of troubleshooting, bug-fixing and work on report enhancement requests.
- Develop and implement reporting templates and standards.
- Develop and implement a DHS PeopleSoft Report Inventory and governance around this inventory.
- Provide PeopleSoft and Business Intelligence data definition subject matter expertise to assist the agency in creating the PeopleSoft Reports & Queries.
- Create user guides and user documentation, as needed, for training and documentation purposes.
- Train DHS BITS developers on the best practices/techniques for effectively creating PeopleSoft queries and reports so that the agency has multiple resources available to service the agency's PeopleSoft reporting needs.
Mandatory Requirements :
- Bachelors- degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Thorough familiarity with PeopleSoft.
- Minimum of 4 years of Business Intelligence and PeopleSoft Reporting experience as a PeopleSoft report developer, and PS Query/nVision report developer.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience documenting reporting specifications, creating reporting test scripts, executing reporting tests, researching and resolving reporting testing issues, and documenting user procedures.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with PeopleSoft and Business Intelligence financials, grants, procurement, and human capital management modules.
- Strong knowledge of the underlying financials, grants, procurement, and human capital underlying data models and entity-relationship diagrams.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience performing implementation projects in a large, multi-entity transaction processing and reporting environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Microsoft Office suite of products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, and MS Project.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a PeopleSoft Reporting Lead for large PeopleSoft projects.
- Experience auditing data systems and in general data management.
- Must have strong communication skills to interact with staff, users and management (a demonstrated ability to express functional concepts to non-systems oriented personnel is essential), as well as having the ability to be a technical driving force within the development group.
- Strong teamwork skills, ability to lead collaboration with other functional and technical staff on a project as well as perform hands-on report development.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Customer service orientation.
Nice to have requirements :
- 3+ years experience working on integrating PeopleSoft ERP, OBIA, and/or Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) information to satisfy the overall operational, financials, procurement, and human resources reporting/query needs.
- Public sector experience (Federal, State or Local Government).