Good Communication required
9+ years- experience
Linux, REST AND SOAP web services from the server side; we are writing REST, but I- d like people who actually understand web services as a concept.
If we cannot have both then strong REST would be required. We also don- t want people who have JUST written clients.
- Core Java. SQL
- Jersey, Jackson, Maven
- Good communication skills: they will need to be a core part of the team, and those must be able to collaborate well.
- Someone with some Greenfield or rewrite experience. We don't necessarily want them to do that, but we do want problem solvers
- Some hospitality or similar experience would be good to have
- Jira and Stash would be nice, but can be taught.
- Great understanding of core Java. Currently using version 8. They are working in new parts of spring.
- Same with Enterprise Java experience. JAX RS required.
- The candidate MUST be able to create web services (REST) vs. just using them. They are currently writing new services from old services and from scratch.
- Drop Wizard framework exposure would be a big plus.
- Experience with Micro services a plus. They are using Micro services to put code into production quickly.
- Experience with Couch base would also be a big plus.
Good understanding of the following will be asked in the interview as well:
- Public and Private Defaults
- Explanation of interfaces
- Overload and Override
- Collections and Generics