We are looking for a C/C++ developer responsible to develop various features of Verizon's Next Generation Set Top Box project. This person will be involved in the complete lifecycle from analyzing requirements to product development to deployment. The responsibilities also include maintenance and life cycle support for the product.
Role of the Job
- Will do Development and Maintenance coding in Core C, Memory Management and system level programming
- Will be involved in code review and requirements gathering for the Application modules.
- Ability to work as a very good team member and share resources, work content to meet common team goals
- Ability to multi-task, and work under project pressure.
- Documenting various development activities and coming up with a development plan for the feature.
- Understand release process, product life cycle and fit the system testing within the release timelines.
Development Experience :
- Have experience in core modules of Set Top Boxes/Consumer Electronic Devices/Tablets/Mobile etc.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C, C++ code
- Good experience in handling the client / server application.
- Implement performance and quality modules
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Proficiency in writing pseudo code and deep understanding of the fundamental building blocks
- Sound understanding of object oriented principles
- Strong proficiency in C, C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification and data structures
- Thorough knowledge of the standard library, STL containers, and algorithms
- Proficient in usage of pointers, string manipulation, knowledge in standard C/C++ APIs
- Proficiency in memory management, multithreading and network programming.
- Proficiency in Unix environment - preferably Linux and IPC
- Thorough knowledge in TCP/IP stack.
- Strong in memory management and data structures
- Good understanding of multi-threading, Pointers, Arrays and streams
- Familiarity with design and low-level hardware interactions
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Basic understanding of RTP/RTCP/RTSP protocols - Considered to be an added advantage