This Demand Planning position is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with products.
The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for our products, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing.
The role will also have accountability implementing planning guiding principles, identifying and implementing required business processes, forecast accuracy, align inventory levels with peaks and troughs in demand.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
Challenge the sales forecasts with the sales & marketing team especially if they differ from average monthly sales.
Monitor activities once it they have started and highlight variances where they differ from the sales forecast.
Demand Planner will work closely with marketing & sales in order to deliver optimum product availability.
Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
Create statistical forecasts:
- Gather, analyze and validate data.
- Execute statistical modeling software.
- Review resulting statistical forecast model.
- Apply error analysis techniques to improve forecasting.
- Summarize/aggregate statistical forecasts.
Review sales plans, Latest Estimates and demand drivers:
- Present, solicit, and assess feedback on the various forecasts from sales, and marketing
- Recommend adjustments for operational forecasts.
- Review promotional plans with sales.
Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with sales, marketing.
Provide input to volume planning (Latest Estimates)
- Facilitate and manage demand planning/customer meetings.
- Achieve consensus with the business side and the demand chain.
Maintain demand planning system and software
- Enter and modify data and ensure the correctness of product.
- Monitor trends in forecast error
Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process.
Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts. Knowledge of SAP, Oracle Demand Planning or other software related to demand planning is preferred.
Experienced with other software packages including Windows, and Microsoft Office. This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills. Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process. Good facilitation skills are required.