Main Duties and Responsibilities :
Overall Job Purpose :
- Jobholder will be part of the team which is responsible for credit risk analysis, monitoring and limits administration for CCP counterparties.
- The team supports onshore credit officers by preparing annual credit review papers and in administration of risk limits/ exposure on this portfolio.
- Effective credit risk management of the assigned portfolio of counterparties (mainly CCPs).
- Preparation of annual credit review packs and Industry reviews.
- Supporting onshore Settlement/credit risk officers in day-to-day risk management activities.
- Managing day-to-day credit limit requests (Derivatives, Margins, Default Funds...).
- Managing within a set of credit limits assigned by the onshore Settlement risk/credit officers to individual counterparts and portfolios at product and country level
- Maintaining accurate and up to date information in the Banks credit systems
- Ensuring compliance with Banks credit risk policies & procedures and internal controls framework
- Credit analysis and monitoring
- Credit risk assessment of counterparties CCPs
- Preparing high quality, concise but comprehensive credit notes covering analysis of :
a) Quantitative factors such as asset quality, capitalization, liquidity, funding profile, portfolio concentrations, earnings quality, etc.
b) Qualitative factors such as management quality, business profile/ strategy, macroeconomic & quite essentially the regulatory environment, and review of PFMI Disclosure, Rule Books and other appropriate documentation relative to the sector
- Developing and maintaining analytical databases of counterparties financial information and industry aggregates/ averages/ peer comparisons at both local and regional level
- Closely monitoring developments related to regulatory, industry, counterparty as well as market indicators such as external ratings, share price, CDS spreads and escalating problems and risk issues to onshore credit officers in a timely manner.
- Rigorous and continuous monitoring of exposure against risk limits
- Supporting onshore settlement risk/credit officers and the regional FI risk team in developing a Portfolio view of CCPs risk being run.
- Timely action on transaction-level limit requests received from Front office and Product areas via allocation from limit framework assigned by onshore settlement risk/credit officers
- Escalating credit requests outside the agreed framework to onshore settlement risk/credit officers.
- Updating all credit risk systems to ensure that credit limits, internal grades and other credit parameters are aligned with the framework assigned by onshore credit officers
- Investigating limit excesses if any, and escalating to the onshore settlement risk/credit officers
-Preparing regular and ad-hoc Management Information packs for portfolio oversight
- Ensuring data integrity and robust control environment during risk management process.