The overall responsibilities for this job are to ensure client satisfaction and retention on current accounts and to help grow existing ones by identification of opportunities for enhancing services offered and ensuring the operational performance standards are met. He/she also directs and manages all activities that relate to creating a culture of quality. He/she shall be responsible for leading Quality initiatives across the department, managing as well as providing inputs into CI initiatives. This is to ensure improvements in both teams as well as organizational effectiveness, thereby directly impacting the organization’s success.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the teams under management. Understands and demonstrates core values and Leadership Principles.
• Carries out supervisory and management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures. Mentors others in developing Leadership behaviors
• Works with the Head-of-Department to determine strategy to achieve overall organizational goals. Shapes the direction of the team, keeps them focused and motivated to deliver the right results.
• Solves complex client service issues by proactively identifying and eliminating root cause barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality. Maximizes resources for the greater good of the organization.
• Lead and able to manage large teams (up to 1000 FTEs) to ensure efficient and seamless functioning of all operations
• Work on our world-class proprietary coding solution - LogixPace®, Platform for Assured Coding Excellence®
• Maintain cost effective and stable workforce to absorb volume efflux/influx
• Identify and assess (and drive and manage) current Quality and CI/process improvement needs and implement strong governance to address Coding Operations
• Evaluate any and all training programs qualitatively and quantitatively through feedback and surveys
• Good understanding of Quality Assurance standards and methodologies
• Excellent Team Management, Inter-Departmental Collaboration & Communication skills
• Ensure alignment of service quality parameters to the departmental metrics as well as those SLAs as defined by the organization and clients
• To provide strategic guidance to the Operations managers to ensure service delivery is within the defined SLAs
• Plan, supervise & support quality audits and an effective feedback mechanism as is necessary for corrective actions across the Coding Operations teams
• Ensure timely preparation and review of goals and development plans for direct reports. Ensure accurate handling and completion of progress reviews on performance and development plans within agreed timescales and provide ongoing feedback to Operations Managers/Operations Assistant Mangers.
• Collaborate on Operations dashboards (Tableau, DSS, Project Health, EWS) and ensure timely reporting to the Head of the Department/Other Management stakeholders
• Consistently meet predetermined metrics to achieve business objectives and customer SLAs and ensure contingency plans are in place for all services to include business recovery plans.
• Identify, assess, and implement cost control measures across Medical Coding operations
• People Related
a. Create a high performance, fair and exciting work environment that provides motivation and development opportunities for the teams.
b. Ensure sharing of knowledge and best practices within the company and counsel managers to enhance performance and arrest attrition. Motivate and develop managers to include specific attention to individual development.
c. Handle all employee related escalation if intervention required.